The Misadventures of Skychild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 2: A change of season

2 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Chapter 2: A change of season - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 2: A change of season

Post  Mornie Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:39 pm

He looks down and frowns before nodding as he pulls out a couple long pieces of thin metal used for lockpicking. He began fiddling with the lock, trying to get it open as he looked up to her and whispered, "We could do this later... I just missed you, and your message sounded urgent. I was worried you might be in some kind of trouble." He looks up to Gregory for a moment and then back at the lock he was trying to pick. He wasn't great at picking locks, especially hard ones, but he knew how to pick simple locks. He may have been homeless and uneducated for a long time, but he picked up a lot of tricks to help his survival.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

https://tmos.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:47 pm

She looked to the side and she said softly, "Close your eyes." She would place one hand over his eyes as she made a nearly inaudible sound as the insides of the lock melted and the lock clicked open, she very carefully setting it down as she looked to him. "Gregory... please.... just for a little bit?" She said softly looking to the bird that seemed to be rather upset at what ever it was that she was requesting.

As she uncovered Mornies eyes there would be a strange white haze behind Nakara as she looked to the bird and nodded. She held his hand and very carefully snuck out of the work shop. Though she was not able to wear things like furs or heavy coats, though before she left she quickly ran back to her bag, her shoeless steps where silent against the cold stone floor, she coming back with two things neatly bound before she ducked out the door with Mornie.

The sudden chill of the air hit her like a brick wall, her breaths coming in short gasps for a moment as she felt the ice burning at her insides. As she stood outside the door she knocked out the snow from her boots and then slid her feet into the now damp footwear. "Lee- lee - lee- leead. Th th th the wa way." She stammered as her body began to shiver violently in a feeble attempt to warm itself up.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:54 pm

He shook out his boots and put his feet in them quickly, his feet now also cold and wet, though not as bad. He pulled out the potion of warmth he had made before and hands it to her with a sigh, "Thought you might need this, but I didn't think it would be this bad..." He also removes his outer coat and offers that to her as well, he would be wearing an inner layer that covered his arms, though it would be obviously not be made for the snow.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:24 am

She shook her head no as she took his hand and ran away from the view of the shop windows she making sure that she stepped only in foot steps that had already been walking on so she did not make an obvious trail. She wouldn't walk very far until she ducked a corner and leaned against a building, her voice softly ringing out as small wisps of fire danced in the air around her warming herself and Mornie. "I didn't expect to see you so soon!" She hugged him again even though she was still shivering, she could honestly care less. She was far too happy just seeing her friend again.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:44 am

He awkwardly tripped along behind her, trying to follow her lead and leave no footprints. He wrapped his arms around her, feeling that it would make her warmer, "I wrote to you first. I thought it was pretty clear." He smiles to her, very happy to see her again, though he was a bit worried about her health, "Don't you need to stay warm?" He tilts his head a bit awkwardly, staying as close as he can for her benefit.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:49 am

She nodded and pointed to the little flames that flickered around them raising the temperature by a few degrees. "This will help for now... Tell me, how have you been? Jazz hasn't been working you too hard has she?"
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:05 am

He sighs and shakes his head, "No, things have been fine. With the winter has come more work and fewer ingredients, as I wrote to you before." He smiles a bit, "But she has a lot of experience, I can tell from working with her." He looks her over for a bit as he steps back slightly, "Are you well? You look overworked as always..." He frowns a bit.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:18 am

She looked to him and shrugged. "EH, I have a lot of work. Tons of orders have been piling up... I just haven't been able to sleep much. Even if I do manage to get a break from work. I'm not sure really whats wrong with me to be honest." She would sigh then and look up to the sky. It felt like a year since the last time she had seen the night sky.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:34 am

He looks to the ground and nods slightly, "I understand... With all the orders due to the war and all... And then the visit." He looks away, "I'm not surprised you're finding it hard to rest..." He would feel a bit powerless as his mind began to try to work out a way to help her. He was unable to come up with a non-drastic way to assist her at this point. He didn't want to take her from her work and he knew it would only be more trouble if he tried to leave now. For once he felt he had a place and he didn't want to lose that, though he knew the life on the road, it was just more difficult in winter.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:41 am

She took his hand and walked forward with him, leading him down the back ways towards Jazilyns tea house. "I'm not so worried about the war... I am not even sure why to be honest... I am more worried about Farlis... They say he is on the hunt for another bride. "She would cringe a little. "I just hope his eyes don't fall my way."
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:58 am

He cringes as well, "Wow... Bride to a demon." He shakes his head, "I don't imagine that would go well." He looks to the ground and sighs before looking back to her, his eyes glowing a bit as he looked for magical bindings on her body as they approached the tea house.

He didn't like to see her bindings, but he wanted to know if they had gotten worse as of late. He was already considering removing her bindings completely, if he could, he hated to see someone without a free will, even though he could technically try to command her.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:03 am

He would see that there was barely a spot on her body that did not have some form of demonic curse or chain on her. Some of them were tearing inside of her. This would most likely be the reason to her suddenly fear, and also her inability to act out against Rajah. She would hum a little happily in between her speaking to him.

"Well... not all demons are bad and I wouldn't go to any extreme and say that loving a demon or being loved by would be awful.... but... even if he was a human... he is the worst." As she spoke of him it was as if the chain were slowly snaking around her tightening a bit more.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:15 am

He clenched his fists a moment and nodded, "I see... He really doesn't sound pleasant at..." He just couldn't stand to see her pained this way anymore and he threw his hands at the snaking chain and grabbed it hard with both hands, his runes appearing all over his body and his eyes glowed dimly as he began to breathe heavily. He didn't know if she could see her bindings or if she had seen him like this before, but he was tired of seeing them cause her so much pain.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:22 am

Her eyes met his for a moment, as his hands grabbed for the chains her emerald eyes hazed over to a murky green. "I'm sorry master... Please forgive me."

As his fingers latched around the dark magic that wound itself deep into and around Nakara he would feel that in that one moment Nakara's fear laced blood cried out for him, submitting to his every whim and desire, even causing him to feel almost high off of the power that a creature as rare and as powerful as the one standing before him could make him, if he so desired.

The snow squeaked beneath her weight as she fell to her knees, as the chains fought against his grip, causing small droplets of blood to taint the once flawless snow. The smell of Nakaras fear made the air run colder than it had before, yet to a demon it would begin to smell sickeningly sweet, to the point of almost being tempting.

Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:17 am

He began to breathe heavily as he looked to her, both tempted by the smell of her blood and the sudden feeling of potential power, but also sickened by it all at the same time. His grip tightened as he became confused and he tried to pull against the chain at a small section in an attempt to break it if he could without letting it dig into her much deeper. He began to contemplate running with her as his inner demon tempted him, though his grip continued to to attempt to break a small part of her bindings, though not quite hard enough yet. Her words began to repeat in his head, the words that touched him when they first met, and the heart she saw in him began to ache.

He fell to his knees and looked to her, "I'm not your master, I'm your friend." He gave the chain one last tug, hoping to break through it without causing her to bleed any more than she already was, if it was obvious she was going to be hurt more by his actions, he would immediately stop.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:28 am

As he did so he would feel the chain suddenly begin to weaken in his hands, as if he had broken one of the major chains wrapped around her, if he so wished he could keep working against the chains, even if it brought her pain, and remove them from her, or he could leave them as they where. Even with the rush of want or need that he would experience.

Her eyes would look up to him, and he would hear her voice suddenly in his mind as a vibrant light shone from behind her now murky green orbs. "Mornie... I trust you..."With that the world began to shake around her. The connection that she opened with him would cause him to feel the chains around her trying to take life again, trying to begin mending themselves, to become stronger, to dig deeper, though he would also feel something that could only be describe as the warm feeling of love when she spoke to him. Part of her, was for at least that moment fully broken of the black binding that held her.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:44 am

A single black tear rolled down Mornie's cheek as he knew what had to be done. He dug out a small place in the snow and laid her down as he began ripping at the chains, removing one after the other. He tried to be careful, but it would, no doubt, cause her to bleed a little more. His runes and eyes began to glow more as he looked down at her. He was very near breaking into tears, though he only let the one tear fall. As he broke through the last chain he saw he would reach under her to lift her likely cold body.

He was breathing rather heavily, he wasn't used to feeling power or the warmth of love, and at the same moment he felt both. He was rather overwhelmed as he made his way in the back door of the tea house, carrying the bloodied and questionably conscious body of Nakara inside with the intent of treating her wounds.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:49 am

Before he would make it to the inn he would see Rajah was making his way to the Red tea house. Aya and Jazilyn were standing outside yelling at him telling him that they had no Idea where Nakara was. It was clear by their faces that they where telling the truth.

Rajah threatened to hit Jazilyn but as he lifted his hand Jazilyn hit him in the solar plexus with the butt of her short sword causing Rajah to double over with pain. Their fight and conversation would be out of ear shot for the two of them, but it was clear that at that moment the tea house would not be the best option for Nakara.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:24 am

He shakes his head and quickly rushes away from the tea house as he ponders where to take her. He quickly runs down a few alleys, moving swiftly as he navigates the familiar back areas of the city. He began looking into windows, hoping to find an empty home with heating or at least shelter from the cold. He knew that some people left the city or bundled together for the winter, so he hoped to catch one of the emptied residences.

As he was moving down an alley he would stop and stare into an empty home, hoping he was lucky. He didn't know how long it would be empty, so he didn't take his time. He pulled out one of his long pieces of metal, setting Nakara's feet on the ground. He played with the window for a bit until he flipped the latch open. He finally got the window open and peaked inside, making sure the coast was clear. He lifted her in in carefully, feet first.

As he set her in carefully, she would be set in the sink. He carefully climbed in after her, keeping one hand behind her back at all times so she didn't fall over and hit her head or anything. As he climbed over her, his foot would slip in the icy window frame. He would try to remain under control so he didn't drop Nakara, but in the end he would only end up pulling her to the floor with him. He used his body to shield her from the fall and waved his arms as he tried to find his breath again, as it knocked the wind out of him.

He calmed down and began breathing again and laid her down and shut the window. He began looking around the house and gathered some blankets and medical supplies, first getting any ice off of her he could and then he quickly dressed her largest wounds as he looked down at her before he covered her in several blankets. He sat there over her watching her carefully, getting a bit cold now himself, though he was more worried about her well-being at this point.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:01 am

She lay there virtually motionless for almost a quarter of an hour, then she started to move, little by little her body found life once again as she moaned in pain and then she opened her mouth to scream, though the sound she made was one that no human ear would be able to detect.

There was still the collar around her neck but the rest of the chains were gone from her. She tried to scoot back, her eyes not able to adjust to the dark light, and the cold feeling even colder now that she was covered with varying degrees of minor and sever lacerations, though most of them were now healing at an above average rate.

As she forced herself to sit up strange golden runes that looked like fire began to float around her, her emerald eyes were so clear it would seem almost haunting. She would pull her knees to her chest, in her eyes she couldn't see into the darkness, she thought she was all alone in some new world. Her body begun to shiver almost violently as she would try and speak, though the words slipping from her lips where in an older language. There would be no resemblance to it and the common tongue. Though if Mornie had knowledge of the common speak of 500 years prior he would realize that she was crying to herself ,"Someone help me.... im scared... " Her messy strawberry blonde locks would cling to her damp face.

Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:17 am

He looked at her, wanting to let her know he was there. He only just realized it was so dark in there. He contemplated trying to remove her collar, but he realized it would be painful for her. He opened his mouth to speak but out came a very quiet whisper, "Does it hurt? I'm so sorry..." He would reach toward her slowly, trying to place a hand on her shoulder where she wasn't bleeding.

He would be near crying himself at this point, as he was cold and a bit tired, and now he didn't know how to take care of her. He was oblivious when it came to emotional support. He looked to her with sad eyes, though she wouldn't see in the darkness as he considered finding a lamp of some kind.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:12 am

As he touched her the world around him would shift for a moment, as he fell into one of her memories, though he would suddenly feel a sensation that would feel warm and calming, yet almost over powering as the sheer power of the energy would crash over him.

A girl that would seem much younger than Nakara was sitting on the edge of an elegantly carved wicker chair. She would be surrounded by various piles of books as she sat there reading quietly.

After a deep sigh and a turn of the page she looked up to the door as it swung open. A tall woman who looked a bit like Nakara came in and grabbed the girl by the wrists as a young boy with pale skin, blackish red hair and golden eyes leapt though the window and grabbed the girl by her other arm as his other hang grazed across her neck.

"Your voice will be mine, my princess." He growled to her with a bit of a bow and then laughed as his hand trailed down her chest. He grinned as he watched the quiet princess suddenly burst into a rage, the paper from the books quickly setting on fire as the strange boy whispered quietly.

The woman who was holding Nakaras other arm let go and started running, her cry echoed down the hall way. "Now my darling little puppet, you know what to do..." Her purred into her ear as he slipped a strange looking dagger into the girls hand.

Blood was now trickling from her neck, arms, chest, and slowly spreading down to her legs. With a glassy expression she looked to the dagger and then to the boy. "As you command Mi'lord..." Her voice was flat, as if there was no heart or soul left in the words, and her body moved on its own accord after the woman.

A few moments passed and Nakara returned to the room covered in the woman blood as she held a heart in her hands, she would look to the demon blankly as he cut the heart in half and commanded her to eat part of it, as he did the same.

Strange runes would dance across the girl at this point and the spell over the girl would be broken for the first time and the girl would look to her hands , seeing what she did, standing there almost helpless as her room burned down around her, as the demon stood there laughing hysterically.

She rushed towards him now with the intent to kill the demon, her childish rage only fueling the flame that danced around them. The Demon Merely laughed and caught the girl by her hips, letting the dagger stab into his shoulder as he held her tight.

"Didn't I tell you princess, you belong to me... until the day you draw your last breath. "

Though the memory would seem like a very long event the time that had past between the two's embrace was only a brief moment, as Nakara cried out again, her heart bearing the full weight of that memory and mayhaps some other memories that where linked to that, though now the house would no longer feel cold, Nakara would see him now ,the fire and the broken, hopeless feeling of those memories flooding her haunting orbs.

"What have I done...." She said to him in common speech, though she didn't move, the tears simply rolled down her face.

Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:31 am

He sat there a moment, his arm on her shoulder still. He squinted a bit as he tried to put things together. He was clearly in a form of shock as he sat there. His eyes welled up in blackness as his ink-like tears began to flow out of his eyes and down his cheeks. He continued to breathe slowly and didn't make a sound, as though he felt nothing. His face remained neutral and he didn't speak.

As the tears reached the bottom of his face he pulled Nakara close and wrapped his arms around her. He had suddenly felt the need to embrace her, acting more out of instinct than thought at this point. He held her to his chest as he sat next to her, his arms holding her tight, no longer thinking of her wounds or her physical pain. His ink-tears continued to flow out and he remained completely silent, save his slow, quiet breaths.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:41 am

When he held her, she jumped for a moment out of the shock of his touch and then slowly her arms wrapped around him, he would feel the warmth of hear tears falling for a few minutes and then it all settled and she sat there. feeling a bit better as her hands moved up and she petted the back of his hair for a moment.

"Mornie...."She whispered to him finally. "Why are we sitting in the dark, in a strange place, in the middle of the night?"
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:52 am

He stayed where he was, not moving away from her as he enjoyed the embrace. He shook his head slightly and his voice quivered as he spoke to her in a soft whisper, "I'm sorry, Nakara... I couldn't stand it anymore, seeing you in so much pain..." He sniffled a bit, "I-I... And then... trouble..." He loosens his grip on her slightly, "Are... Are you hurting?"
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next