The Misadventures of Skychild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1: So the tale begins.

2 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chapter 1: So the tale begins. Empty Chapter 1: So the tale begins.

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:40 am

Tink. Tink. Tink. Tink. .....Tink. Tink.Tink.Tink....Tink.Tink.Tink.Tink....Tink.Tink.Tink
"Nakara!"
Clash!
"Ow, FUCK!" Came a bitter cry of a mousy girl, her emerald eyes sparking as they cast a perfect reflection of the fire that burned below the long iron bar she was holding. Her peachy white hair seemed to glow almost red in the orange and red glow of the fire that burned near her.

She wiped the sweat from her browl and then turned her heel to stare down her master. A fox demon who had built this work shop, and taken her in as his apprentice. Though she could view him as nothing more than a grouchy old man, who lived to cause her life trouble.

"Can I help you with something? Or are you simply going to watch as this iron becomes too cold to work with and ruins?"
She rubbed her hands up and down her soot covered overalls, even in the middle of winter, she felt hot in this room. Her cold scowl burned across the room towards him.

He was a slightly over weight 'man' with long silver hair, the same daunting emerald eyes, though his ears and tail where still a vibrant red. He laughed at her and then threw a black bag at her. "Go run this little parcel to Lord Kjirston, it's an amulet, and if you take more than 3 hours I will tract you down, and have you disemboweled. Got it?" Though the way he said it was nonthreatening, Almost nice, in a sick sort of manner.

"Heh.Big talk for a fox who runs with his tail between his legs every time the big kitty barks an order in his direction...." She then turned to walk away before looking over her shoulder and saying coldly, "Better finish what I started, Got that?! Iron is too pricy to be waistin'" She shoved the parcel in one of her many pockets and walked to the door, shoving on her coat, and then grabbing two long daggers she slid them into their sheets handing from her hips.
She cast another venomous glare at the fox demon then stormed out of the building.

She looked over her shoulder at the large building that was her home, and her haven. The deep red bricks, the slightly rotten wooden doors and window frames, the paint peeling from their signs, It was her home... Just sometimes she wished that old fox would quit sending her to dance with demons. She couldn't stand the way theirs eyes followed her.

After being harassed, nearly robbed, and then verbally abused by one of the lords servants she stood tall in his door way. Almost three quarters of an hour had passed since her departure from the little forge.

The room was beautiful, richly colored wood, with entrancing engravings. The wall hangings where of a rare cloth from the south, and the paper that laid on his desk, must have been worth a vassals quarterly income.

'Such a waste.....' she thought to herself as she took a bow, her eyes glaring up at him.

"Mi'lord Kjirston...You sure do have a way to treat your 'guests' "
His black eyes looked up to hers though the thin black frames that hung from his nose. His jet black hair pulled back, As his arms stayed folded neatly on the desk. His short black ears twitched with annoyance.
"It would behoove you childe to address me with the utmost respect. The least you could have done was taken a shower. You smell like a fireplace."

"Ey! watch it. I ruined a good piece of iron to come here and give ya this. Now take it so I can be on my way!" She dangled the parcel in front of her as she locked eyes with him. Her piercing sapphire eyes held no fear, even as he stood up and walked towards her. His heavy leather boots clicking across the hard wood floors.

He raised his hand towards her hoping she would flinch, move, her heart would race even one beat, but it didn't. Which angered him even more. He wanted to be feared, but he wasn't the type who enjoyed causing physical pain get that reaction. "I would be careful.... or else you might lose that soft piece of muscle that is flopping around that useless skull of yours."

He then moved closer to her, sliding his hands in her pockets until he found what he was looking for. And slowly retrieved it.

She pushed him off of her and took a step back, her eyes still blazing up towards him.

"If you wern't such a talented smithy I think I would have let my dogs enjoy a little afternoon snack... You should watch that temper of yours Miss Elzenfire." He purred as he slipped the strange pendant out of the black bag. It was the rarest of sapphires, a color so deep and so blue without flaws that your head would spin just looking at it.

"If you didn't rule people by fear and allowing them to live lives filled with idiocy then maybe you wouldn't be sitting so high and mighty, you rotten cat!" She then turned her heel and stormed out of the room, but before she did the demon called after her.

"You better watch your back or you and your bird may find yourselves in a very dark place, wishing only for something as pleasant as death..." His voice came as a purr.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: So the tale begins. Empty Another character enters the story

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:52 am

The alley floods with golden light as the sun rises over the city wall, a wall many would call beautiful, secure, and comforting. For the boy in the alley, however, the wall didn't bring much comfort, and neither did the cold cobblestones he laid on. As his eyes came open he would be startled by a sudden crash against a nearby wall, followed by the loud sound of metal dishes falling to the ground.
During the day, the sound of a trader's runaway cart hitting the wall would have caused the boy more happiness than trouble, however today it only served to startle him. Alarmed, he would jump to his feet, not seeing the corner of the open window right above him.
THUD! Thud.
The second, softer thud, would be his head returning to the cobblestone almost as fast as it had left less than a second before.

"Damnit... Fr... Ah..." The boy would call out quietly, holding his head and rolling on the ground, followed by a series of sounds that held no meaning what-so-ever. As the pain dulled, he would look up and sigh deeply, realizing the sun had risen. The sound of traders setting up stands nearby and the shouting of advertising would be heard down the narrow alley. "Guess I should get started, eh?" He would look to his shadow and sigh. "Just you and me today." He would hop up and roll up his bedding and put them in a makeshift bag.
As he stood again, his somewhat short, lanky figure would cast a tall shadow behind him. His hair would be a light orange, his eyes would be dark blue on the right and a turquoise-green on the left. Looking back to his shadow he would ask, "Blue today? I think that's a good idea." He would wrap his left eye with some old worn bandages. He did this every day, though neither of his eyes were regular colors, he stood out even more when people realized his eyes didn't match. In this particular place, he was trying to do anything but stand out. The people were anything but kind to half-breeds like him.
He would pat himself down, getting some of the dirt off his dark burlap clothing, though they'd still be far from clean. He would grin for a moment as he thought of what to eat, throwing himself forward toward the wall, he would swiftly climb up to the top of the small building and have a look around. He would wait for a moment before descending the other side of the building and throwing a hood over his bright hair, helping him blend into the crowd below.
His motions would be swift, taking a piece of fruit from someone's sack, and a couple coins from another, his quiet words as he moved around people, taking what his hands could easily grasp, "'scuse me;" "pardon, sir." He would stop a rare opportunity nearby, a woman who had tripped and spilled her basket. He would come close and kneel down, assisting her with a warm smile and a kindly voice, "Let me help you with that, ma'am." He would help pick up the dropped products, quickly putting them all back in her basket, save a bit of bread which he was careful not to reveal to her. As she stood she would give him thanks, like they always do.

He would look up to her for a moment, his dark blue eye only showing for a second, and he would see it again--a quick look of hatred for his kind. She would thank him again anyway, though it would be empty. He was used to it, the constant reminder that he didn't really belong.

As he ate his breakfast, he would hear some yelling from down the alley. He would look away and mutter to himself, "Not my problem."
As he finished his food he'd hear it again, obvious cries for help and he'd remind himself, "It's not your problem, Mornie, someone else will take care of it."
After looking at his hand he would grunt, "Damnit." He would throw himself back into the crowd, becoming just another figure in the city, "'scuse me." He knew he wasn't a hero, he was barely scrapping by on his own.

He'd look up the road, dreaming of what it'd be like to be in a nicer district, closing his eyes and sighing deeply. He would accidentally walk into someone, and his eyes would catch the slight glimmer of something shiny around her waist. His swift hands would attempt to take her dagger as he spoke, "Oh, sorry about that..." It would be a moment before he realized it was rather attached to her, finally opening his eyes to see where he was going.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

https://tmos.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: So the tale begins. Empty Re: Chapter 1: So the tale begins.

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:04 am

She would look to the boy, her bright emerald eyes reflecting his sapphire eye. She would look him over for a moment, her features were at first hard almost angry until the gentle cry of her avian companion swept down its talons reaching for the boys head before swooping back towards the sky, it seeming to miss its target intentionally.

"See something you like?" She said to him as her face softened. She held no fear, no disgust, and no anger as she placed her hand on his. Her hair would blow across her face as people moved about them, though many made a clear path around the two, for some strange reason.

Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:12 am

He would look utterly stunned into her emerald eyes for a moment, looking from one to the other, only moving to duck after her avian companion had already passed by, a quick reaction to seeing it too late in the corner of his eye.

The fear in his eye would soften and he would begin to look down, "No... Wait..." He would instinctively try to pull his hand away, only to find her holding it. For a moment he would blush, for whatever reason, his voice even more timid, "Please don't hurt me, I didn't mean for..." His voice would fade out and the wind would blow his hood off, revealing his orange hair and bandaged eye clearly. He would give no real explanation.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:18 am

She would smile to him then and unbuckle her dagger from her leg and she would place it in his hand. "If you wanted it so badly you were willing to steal it, I might as well give it to you. It is not like I could not forge myself another by the end of the week." She then smiled to him and pulled his hood back over his hair.

"Be more careful though around here. Ok? If you did that to the wrong person someone might turn you in to that Demon Kjirston. He isn't too terribly fond of boys with sticky fingers." She then smiled and turned to walk away from him, leaving him to hold the brilliantly crafted dagger in his hand, the expensive leather straps that where fashioned to the sheathe seemed to almost catch the light.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:26 am

His jaw would hang open for a moment as he watched her begin to walk away, the dagger in his hand still. He would look down at it for a moment, as though he was expecting to wake up in a second or something. He would swallow hard and hide the dagger in his clothing, not wanting it to be obvious he had something so expensive on his person. He would turn away from her, though he didn't have a direction originally, he would now be facing the other way.

He would clench his fists for a moment and turn around, spotting her again, even if she was in the distance by now, if there was anything he was good at, it was seeing things clearly. He would begin to walk the same way she was. He wanted to yell at her, mayhaps, for giving him something out of pity. Maybe he wanted to thank her for being kind to him. Maybe it was because he had nowhere else to go. Maybe it was destiny he was answering to. The only thing that was clear, was he wasn't sure why he was following her.

He would keep his distance, ducking off to the side and climbing on buildings to keep an eye on her while trying to stay out of sight.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:34 am

She would make her way back to the forge as she walked though the open doors that showed the workshop. There were hundreds of beautiful swords, daggers, staves, farm tools, horse shoes, and the like sorted out and on display for anyone to purchase. The front of the shop was run by a rather plump fox demon. His cold eyes following her every step towards the shop.

"You are late..." His voice growled towards her in warning.

"I'm an hour early, stop your yapping you mangy mutt." As the words exited her mouth the demon lashed out at her with a long whip. Its tail leaving a new cut across her cheek.

"Learn your place..." He responded as his fingers laced around the whip. His eyes would then quickly look out the shop as he grabbed her by her hair and drug her back to the forge, the two vanishing from open view.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:47 am

He sighs deeply, sitting on a rooftop not too far from the forge, "Damn... You've done it this time, pity from a slave girl." He drops his face into his hands and thinks for a bit. He hops up and grins, "But did you see all those shinies?" He turns to his shadow and sighs, "We gotta do something, buddy... I don't wanna be stuck here forever, not that I don't like you." He would jump off the roof and sneak up to the forge, looking for a window to have a look inside.

As he very quietly got closer, he'd also be looking for a quiet entrance. As he looked inside he would wrap his arms around himself, dreaming of how it would be to live somewhere so warm in the winter, "A slave girl... Damnit..." He would sigh deeply and peer inside again, rather shamelessly trying to look at what was going on inside.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:26 am

She would be back at the forge now, though her voice would drift out thought the windows as she sang in rhythm to her hammering. The words seemed to twist, almost snaking past everything that it came in contact with. Even though there was still blood on her now soot covered cheeks,she stood wearing an expression that could only be described as pure tranquility. It was clear just by hearing the strange language as it danced in a strange way across and into the metal, and even out the windows to the street, why she was given more free reign than most that had been enslaved by a demon.

Chanters, of any sort were a rarer jewel than two pearls found within the same oyster. The demon sat at his post at the shop front as two almost wolf sized foxes sat , nearly entranced as she went along with her work. Their eyes flickering from her, to the hammer, and then back again.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:47 am

He would sigh deeply and sit against the wall under the window, listening to her song. He would look at his dirty palms and then up to the sky, "What are you doing here, anyway?" He would sigh deeply and begin walking around the building, ducking as he came close to any windows, trying to stay out of sight.

After not finding an easier way in, he decides to just relax against the side of the building. He would attempt to listen to her song longer, and be in earshot if the door was to open or close loudly, though he would be out of direct sight from it. As he waited, he contemplated what he was doing, not entirely sure why he was stalking her anyway. He would wait patiently, ready to stay there until nightfall.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:52 am

Her singing would stop and she would quietly talk to the fox that waited near the front of the shop.

"Rissul , Em'ira come!" called the fox as he would then walk up the stairs and into the housing section of the building, leaving Nakara to watch the shop by herself. She would continue on with her work as she watched the piece of iron slowly come to life as she took it away from the fires and took it to the sharpening stone where she began to give the blade its edge. She was humming to herself, relieved to be rid of the pesky fox for a while.

Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:01 am

He would hear the change in tone inside and hop up to his feet and glance in the window. Noticing that she was the only one left, he would take the long dagger from out of his coat and look it over for a bit and sigh deeply once more, "What a day..."

He would then make his way to the door and very gently begin opening it to go inside, silently repeating to himself, "Its not wrong for me to enter a shop... Right?" He would very carefully make his way in, his steps nearly silent ad he held the dagger in hand still. He would attempt to close the door slowly, keeping his eye on the girl at work, hoping he hadn't been seen or heard yet.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:03 am

She wouldn't look up to him, she didn't even acknowledge his entering the shop as she continued to work, her humming barely audible now.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:09 am

He would quickly look around, taking off his hood to see better, and spot the other dagger near the door and place the one she handed him next to it. His hand would go for the door then, ready to leave already. He would stop slowly and begin looking around, pushing the bandages off his eye so he could see at his best as he looked around inside one more time.

His curiosity would get the better of him and he'd approach a rack of swords and come very close to them, almost silent with each step and motion. He would slowly reach for one of the swords and suddenly trip over a thread from his makeshift shoes, knocking the sword off the rack and onto the floor. He would put his hand under it to catch it, but too late as the sword produces a quick metallic clang before he silenced it. Every muscle in his body would lock up, the sword still in hand, his face buried on the floor.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:20 am

She would sigh and stop her work as she walked towards him. There was an almost dangerous smile on her face. As he would suddenly see a the oversized hawk fly in front of him with the dagger that she had given him. "It seems you have dropped something Mi'lord." She took the sword from him as the dagger flew in front of him. She then took it from her hawk as she pulled his hood over his hair and gently lead him out the front door in silence.

"Now.. I don't know who you are... or what you are, but if you are looking to have me beat, I would kindly request you choose someone else?" In this light it was clear that she had a decent few scars along her body as any slave would wear and she would smile to him. "Though if you are just curious or simply lost. Maybe I could be of some assistance. " She had lead him away from the shop now. The fox demon could clearly be seen watching her from the top window of the shops small tower, as she glanced up.

Her eyes seemed like true emeralds even in the now fading light of the day, as she smiled to him. She did not remove her hand from him, so he could not easily run away. She looked at his 'devil' eyes and waited to hear what he had to say.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:55 am

He would look at her confused and nod, "I'm sorry... I'll leave you be, if you prefer. I came to return this." He glares at her, his blue and green eyes clearly contrasted as he looks at her, "I don't need your pity, you're in no place..." He looks away, sounding more sincere, "But... but, thank you..." He looks to her again, his eyes under his hood so they shouldn't be very visible, though they would emit a low glow, so it didn't do him much good.
His voice would be quiet, "I uh... I guess I was curious. It is a terrible habit." He then looks up at her, his tone almost irate, but he speaks up, "Why were you so nice to me? I don't deserve it, I am a disgusting thief. I had no use for your shiny object, even if it is valuable... I don't know anyone that would trade for it, so you can keep it. It will just slow me down. I don't... I don't get it."
He looks up to her again and tries to pull the bandages back over his green eye slowly.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:06 am

She looked to him and laughed. Not a soft chuckled but a side clutching laugh. "I may be in no position, but neither are you." She then looked to him and smiled, "And I don't pity people, I just felt like being generous. I am an artist, and sometimes I like to hand out my work."She then looked to him again now her Emerald eyes growing almost dark as her laughter and her smile faded.

"But I think that what is disgusting about you, is that you would think that I am weaker than you, or that I should be pitied just because of fates ill will towards me. At least I do not judge others, as so Many have clearly judged you. " She pointing out as he tried to conceal his eye.

"It is sad, that you could be just as bad as those brainless twits who walk around the streets, who won't even stand near me because I am born 'blessed' as well. " She then let go of him and turned to walk away adding . "I hope, for your sake , that you become something better than a judgmental , self loathing thief. " And with that she started to walk towards the shop once again.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:17 am

He would grab at her wrist to stop her from going, though his grip wouldn't be very firm. He would reply quietly, "You've got it wrong... No... You don't understand.." He grabs her wrist harder, "Not weaker, no. You're clearly stronger than I." He looks up to her with his blue eye, "I could never tolerate such abuse as you, though I understand if you have no choice at the moment.... but..."
His voice would weaken again, "But... There has to be another way..." He looks away but doesn't let go of her wrist, "S-Sorry... I guess its not my problem... I just hate to be powerless against fate. I uh... Th-thank you." He looks at the dagger, still not releasing her wrist, though it would be unclear if he even remembered he was holding it by this point.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:20 am

She looked back to him. "I may be powerless, but I pray every night to the goddess that something might come and change that fate for me... Or maybe one day I will have the strength to. "

She would smile a little to him, "You have a good heart. I am sure in time that dagger will learn to serve you well." She stood there still being held by him. His grip was rather tight and if she didn't have a high pain threshold she would have flinched.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:26 am

He looks at her, his bandages falling to his neck awkwardly and bunching up. A black liquid begins to seep down his face, as though his tears were mixed with charcoal. Nobody had ever treated him this way, no one ever spoke of his heart except to tell him he had none. He would release her wrist and turn away.

He would inhale sharply, trying to choke back his tears, "I hope your prayers are answered soon, then." He wouldn't say anything else as he faced away from her, trying to hold back a fleet of emotions he'd never had to face before.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:28 am

She smiled to him and put her hand on his head. "Hey hey hey don't cry. " She would then move in front of him. Her eyes bright with color again as she looked to him and hugged him tight. "Please? Don't cry alright?"
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:34 am

He would not return her embrace as he stood there and nodded, unable to speak. His tears stop flowing, but would have already tinted his cheeks with black lines, and it likely blends in with soot if it contacts her anywhere.
He would become very docile as he was held, not quite stunned but not sure what to do. His body would relax a bit and he would finally speak, "I don't cry. I'm not.." He exhales deeply, "Don't... Don't get in trouble because of me."
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:37 am

She smiled to him and said softly. "It is typically my mouth that gets me in trouble. Not my actions."
She would then look at him and smile. "Though it might be best if I head back in... Will I see you again tomorrow? "
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:44 am

He nods a bit, "I'll see you tomorrow... Whether you see me or not." He shakes his head and takes a step away from her, not that he was afraid of her, but the closeness he wasn't used to, "R-rest well."
He nods and tries to clean his cheeks, but instead just smears it around and makes a face as he realizes his hands are covered in black. He rubs harder, but that doesn't seem to do him much good, either. He sighs deeply and looks up at her, "Thank you." He takes the dagger in hand and wiggles it into his coat again.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:08 pm

She smiled to him and then looked up to the fox that was glaring down at her.

"See you tomorrow then." She then turned heel and quickly walked back to the shop, as Rajah walked down the stairs with a blank expression.

"Since when do you take an interest in little boys? Especially since little boys often have no money.... And Little boys have a habit of taking things that do not belong to them...."
He would approach her with his hand on his whip waiting for her reaction.

"Little boys quickly grow up and turn into strong men and those strong men may or may not choose to follow after their siblings and either become a mercenary or even join The great army." Her face was covered by a mask now she had mastered.

"And since when did you take an interest in our great army?" growled Rajah as slid the whip out from his belt.

"I take an interest in anyone who notices the fine quality of my craft, even if it happens to be a young boy who wants to be like his older brother some day..."

The fox then moved to hit her with his whip but she side stepped the on coming attack and she hummed a few notes as fire danced from her fingers and died right before it hit his muzzle. "Once is enough for the day. Hit me again tonight and your fires won't burn for a year."

The fox narrowed his eyes, but this was the risk any demon took in caging a chanter. "You impudent human... "

" Big words from a fearless fox." She snapped back and then walked away from him, knowing good and well that she wasn't going to get her meal tonight, and she took a seat near one of the fires. She being left with the two foxes as she finished her work with her new dagger.

It had been hours now since the fox had left her and the two other foxes decided to wander their way up the stairs into his living chamber as she lay quietly dreaming from her work bench. The quiet sound of the night blanketing the warm workshop.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next