The Misadventures of Skychild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1: So the tale begins.

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chapter 1: So the tale begins. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 1: So the tale begins.

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:39 am

He would wave a little, not saying another word to her. He is still covered in black on his face as he turn to go his own way, taking a couple steps slowly before running off into the night.

As he ran into the night, he would be able to see rather well, things as clear as day for him. He would quickly begin to look around at the homes there and head toward a more residential area of the district. As he approached a road, he would quickly dive to the side and run down a thin alleyway, only to trip over a piece of wood and skid on his face for a moment.

Pushing himself back up, he would grunt and kick the stick away in anger and sigh deeply. He would then continue down the alley, quietly peering in open windows until he found the one he was looking for, an empty house. He drops his bag and places the dagger with it. He removes his outer coat and bandages and leaves that outside as well before he climbs into the window and quietly sneaks about.

As he looks about he finds the tub and begins washing the black off of himself. He wonders if he'd have time to bathe tonight, but decides against it, as he has no way of knowing how long he might have. Having washed his face and hair, he quickly rubs his body with a wet washcloth, especially anywhere that might stink soon. It was important that he didn't stand out in any way, and smelling bad would cause him trouble.

He takes a moment to dream about having a place to stay and shakes his head. He hops up and fills a small container with water and heads back toward the window. Before he arrived, however, the door would swing open and light would flood the room. He would silently duck under a table and wait quietly, hoping to not be seen. As the owner walked in he would push against the legs of the table so his back would come in contact with the underside of the table.

As the person walked the room, lighting it up as they entered, Mornie would shut his eyes for a moment and listen, trying to determine what was going on. He quickly planned his escape, but then heard a second set of footsteps. "Two?" He thought to himself, "Damnit... what now?" He holds his breath for a moment and silently waits for them to move, finally hearing them enter the other room for a moment, he drops down and quickly ducks behind some shelves near the window. He waits again, knowing their next moves. They would slowly walk right passed him, he knew they wouldn't notice him... Or would they?

As they walked passed him he would hold his breath again, his body remaining almost motionless. He would not be seen, luck or experience was on his side. He would exhale slowly as he snuck right behind them, quickly making his way back to the window with his nearly silent steps. He steps hard on a small table, knowing it will make a small sound as he throws himself out the window head first... Or he would have, if he hadn't missed the opening and hit his head on the top of the frame instead. Disoriented, he would tip over the table and fall on his back. Quickly shaking his head and reopening his eyes he would see the couple.

Clearly they saw him at this point, the stare only lasted a second. They gasped and yelled, seeing his eyes which would be dimly glowing at night. He, however, threw himself out the window, knowing he only had a second to get his stuff. He would quickly throw his coat back on and stuff his bandages in his bag. He would take a step before he realized he needed the dagger as well, not used to carrying anything extra. He takes the dagger and runs down the alley as the man from before begins to yell down the alley and call for help. He knew he didn't have long before he would have company.

He had experienced this before, many times... though his head hurt more than usual. He quickly climbed a wall and jumped onto a roof, running as he could from roof to roof until he reached an alley so far away that they would give up before they found him. He sat down between some larger objects, just in case, remaining out of sight.

He would breathe deeply and let his heart come to rest again. The sound of his heart would remind him of what was said to him before and he would blush a bit and hit his head against the wall, the first time he did so intentionally today. "I don't get you at all." He said to himself, "Why did you even think... How did you know I had a heart?"

He sighs deeply and shakes his head, turning his attention to his new dagger. He didn't want to leave it behind, but he couldn't have it showing. "Lets solve this," he said to himself. He took the dagger and removed his outer coat for a moment and cut a small hole in it near the waist, they were just rags, so it didn't matter if they had another hole. He then dug around in his bag until he could find an old needle and some thread, he began to sew the hole so that it wouldn't grow anymore at the ends and he then strapped the dagger around his waist and pushed it around until he could get it to run horizontally across his back. He would tie it there and wiggle it before putting his coat back on and then practiced drawing it and sheathing it.

He began to feel pretty good about this, not realizing how easy it would be to conceal such a valuable tool. He got a little excited and nearly threw the dagger as he drew it, and then pinched his finger as he sheathed it again. He bit his finger and unrolled his bedding, laying across them and pulling it over his shoulder, barely padding him from the cold of the street and the cold of the air as he entered his shallow sleep once again.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

https://tmos.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: So the tale begins. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 1: So the tale begins.

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:46 am

A yell came down from the stairs that suddenly jolted Nakara out of her sound slumber.

"You good for nothing wench! I know it was you! " Rajah did not even give her the chance to react before he had her in a choke hold. She was hardly awake enough to respond at first. But the blank look on her face caused the Fox to throw her to the floor.

"Don't play coy with me! I know you tried to kill me last night in my sleep! You should feel Privileged to live in a warm home and that you got to keep that horrible little tongue of yours... How DARE you...."

She then looked to him in confusing as she picked herself off the hard stone floor. "Kill you? Why would I kill you? Especially while you slept?" She added not having the good sense to keep her thoughts to herself.

"You started a fire in my room! I know it was you!"

She sighed and threw her hands in the air. "You stupid dog, Did you fall asleep working on the shops invoices again? Did you leave the candle on? Did you knock it over?" She hated his temper, but there wasn't anything she could really do about it, unless another demon bought her into a contract.

He would then kick her and say a few words that caused her to cry out. She falling totally helpless to the demons spell on her. "Don't think I will let you off so easily this time."

She didn't answer this time as she waited for the demon to calm down before she said softly. "I wouldn't try and kill you... your brother would take me into possession and he doesn't care for smiths... And I was really looking forward to making all those swords for the Galwits...." She hoping the mention of an extremely valuable contract would calm the demon down.

Luckily enough for her it had and he smiled. "Oh, that is Right! Lord Galwit wanted quite a few too... at....a very reasonable price... Yes... that is right! You should eat and then get right to work on that! What are you waiting for?" He then walked away humming happily to himself at the idea of making a small fortune.

She sighed as she watched him leave and then washed her face in a small basin, Though now it was rather uncomfortable to even move due to her now bruised ribs. She looked up to see her hawk perched near her. "One day I'll wake up and not have to count my bruises. " She then gently touched the bird and sighed as she took a few coppers from the cash drawer and walked out to get herself something to eat.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:37 am

As the sun rose once more, it would fall on a rather lazily sleeping boy. It wouldn't be long before he would hear the sound of footsteps, "No thank you, I've had plenty to eat, thank you sir!" He would yell in his sleep, "You're all too kind to me." He would rub his eyes, smiling warmly as the warm sun beat down on him. He would open his eyes slowly and hear his stomach growl, "Ah... Guess I'll have another serving, after all."

He chuckles a bit and rolls toward his side, the dagger pushing against his back slightly. He would jump up, not used to having something there as he looked down, his tall shadow visible again, "Ah, guess it was just you, huh?" He chuckles a bit and pats the dagger and looks up, "I guess that wasn't a dream, but clearly the food was." He sighs deeply and turns as the footsteps get louder.

He was wrong, the patrol would, in fact, keep looking for him. He quickly threw his bedding in his bag, not planning to be there when they arrived. As he stood up again and threw his bag over his shoulder, he would be confronted by the patrol. The man would be tall and muscular, wearing a typical uniform which was armed with a baton and blade, the man was clearly experienced in both.

"It is over here!"
Mornie would chuckle, "It... Damnit..." He would turn and begin running, he didn't much care for what they would do to him. If he was human, he might be forced to serve a short term as a slave, as he had no money to pay the fine... If he was human. They didn't have standards for him, they didn't make laws for dirt. He looked back and stuck his tongue out at the patrol man, only to back into another, "Oh, sorry." The words were instinctual, but the man he bumped into clearly didn't accept his apology, "Hey guys, he says he is sorry!" They would laugh, a third coming later than the two, but this was to be expected.

Mornie would stand stunned for just a moment before he began moving again, trying to find a way out of the narrow alley, clearly he couldn't by conventional means. A second later and the batons would be ready. He would quickly jump up the walls, alternating back and forth till he got to the top. He knew this wouldn't stop them, but he hoped to slow them down. He began running, he didn't care where. He quickly bandaged his blue eye on the run, knowing with his eyes he'd stand out far too much.

As he ran, he would look around, not having his next move planned, just knowing he couldn't stay there. He would continue to dash from roof to roof till he heard the bustle of the bazaar. He would shake his head, that wasn't good enough, but it would be a start. He dove down into another alley, knowing that the patrolmen were right behind him, not only down this alley, but also the next one over and one on the roof.

He dove into the crowds and began moving, he knew this could buy some time as he looked around. He needed a change in appearance and fast. He would trip over a stand of berries and quickly help put them back, repeatedly apologizing to the owner, but he would make off with a handful himself, running off, "What's he gonna do, call the patrol" He laughs to himself again, trying to suppress his utter feeling of desperation. He makes it back to an alley and dives into a window, luckily picking an empty house. He waits till the patrol have passed and grabs a bucket, "Why does this keep happening to me?"

He sighs deeply and begins to mash the berries into a paste and adds water. He takes off his coat and presses it in, mashing it all around as he tries to create a makeshift dye, "This won't last... but hopefully they won't notice till the heat is off..." He sighs deeply, "Damnit all..."

He shakes off his coat and hangs it to dry for a bit, taking the time to clean up the stranger's house. He figured if he made a mess, he might as well help out, even though he knew it would just scare them. He looked around for a moment and then sigh, only finding a few spare coins, "I guess this will do..." He takes his now blue-brown coat and puts it on, hoping the difference is enough for now. He cleans up quickly and heads out the window, hoping the patrol weren't around.

He holds his rumbling stomach and nods, "I know, I know, you're hungry... Lets go get some food." He takes the coins and the few he never did spend from the day before and begins looking around in the trade district, deciding he might as well have a nice meal after the chase.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:58 am

She would walk slowly though the market as her hawk soared above her. She seeming a bit exhausted and worn out but it was not anything she wasn't used to in her life.

She looked though the various stands for a moment, before she noticed someone rather odd. She looked to the fruit vendor and purchased two fresh apples and with a smile she made her way towards the person who she thought she may or may not know.

"Hello trouble." She said softly to her cat eyed friend as she up behind him. "Care to share a meal with me?" She offered kindly as she stepped in front of him holding out a ripe apple.

She wondered why it looked as if he had fallen into a berry stand but decided that it wasn't worth really mentioning it.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:10 am

He would be startled by her and stand there for a moment, looking to her with his green eye today. He would shush her, "Shhhhh!" He would then take the apple and grab her wrist and pull, dragging her to and alley nearby. He didn't stop there, if she didn't resist he would keep going until he hit an intersection and would pull her off to the side.

Upon getting her away from everyone he would look around, making sure no one else was coming. He would speak rather abruptly in a harsh tone, "Are they behind you? Did you tell them where I am?" He would look afraid, his breath rapid and his eye wide, "You are..." He then looks down to the apple and back up at her, "Why are you giving me things?" He would sit down, exhaling deeply on the way to the ground. His stomach would growl aloud as he reached the ground.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:32 am

She would look a little worried at first and then she would Hold her own apple out in front of her as she took a bit. "I wanted someone to eat with. " She looked down to her sore wrist and then up to him. "Did something happen? " Her concern was clearly written on her face.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 am

He shakes his head and offers her his bag, "Here, have a seat... You shouldn't have to sit on the cold ground..." He grabs a nearby bin and flips it over to sit on, taking the apple to his mouth rather abruptly, hardly understandable as he chewed and spoke, "Ah nerver aad 'ome-n t' eet wiff 'afore." He swallows, "And not really... I just uh... Woke up wrong." He nods and looks to her.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:50 am

She looked to him for a moment and shrugged thinking that it would be best not to question his motives.

"Well, you seem to be in one piece though, so you didn't wake up too wrong." She would then smile before taking another bite of her apple glad to be away from her home for a little and with company. She then looked him over once again and sighed.

"Looking at you now makes me wish I was a tailor and not a smithy..." She then giggled a little as she ate. She looking a bit into the distance now as if she had left their conversation and had gone to other area's. The sound of her hawk was then loud as it bolted from over head to a north easterly direction.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:57 am

He sighs deeply and nods, "Yeah... Barely in one piece..." He shakes his head, "I uh..." He looks to her, his eye showing far more worry than it probably should have, "I was chased for last night. Nothing big, but uh..." He looks down to himself and then back up to her, "These clothes are fine... If you mean the color... It'll fade in time. I just needed to look different." He nods, "They don't look very hard, they won't know the difference."

He quickly scarfs down his apple, clearly having no manners, though luckily he wasn't speaking with his mouth full this time. He would stand up slowly.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:06 am

She had manners but at this point didn't care as she talked with a little food in her mouth. "Wha'dya do?" She said. She then swallowed as she watched his face carefully.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:11 am

He sighs deeply, "I washed my face... That's all I did... I washed my face." He looks at the ground for a moment and turns, "Hey, I'll bring some bread, ok?" He smiles to her for a moment, his whole face seeming unsure.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:15 am

She looked to him and smiled. "Next time you need a place to wash your face, you could always borrow my basin. Just.... try not to get into trouble ok?" She stood up and handed him his bag. "I don't really have a lot of time left before..... well... anyways.. I need to get back.... sorry I can't join you for bread... "
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:21 am

He took his bag and nodded, "Oh... Ok." He waved to her, "B-Be safe and... all that stuff..." He would offer to lead the way back out, though it would be obvious and begin looking for bread, though he would keep looking back to her as she went. He was unable to really understand what she meant, as he had never lived on a schedule, but he understood she had to go, so he let her leave.

He wasn't sure why she was so nice to him, he didn't understand, but he was trying. Perhaps this curiosity, or the fear she would turn him in, that lead him to follow her again, quietly making his way along, but he'd keep even more distance this time, feeling he had an idea where she was going. He would quietly observe her, letting her go out of sight time and again when he felt he didn't need to be right behind her. He would be very careful not to be seen, once again, even though she had been nice to him.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:29 am

A large golden hawk would then drop a small parcel in front of him and look at him in interest. If he tried to move away the hawk would bite at his heel.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:31 am

He first tries to walk away, not wanting anything to do with this bird. After being bit he would swing at the hawk and pout, moving back.
He picks up the parcel and looks at the hawk, rather confused. He slowly looks the parcel over to see if it has any information on it, but would try to open it anyway.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:44 am

Inside of the parcel would be a cloak that seemed to be able the same size as both he and Nakara would be with a note inside of it written inside of it.

"The red cafe would gladly accept a friend of yours Kara. If the boy wishes, have him come to my shop around lunch. Thank you again for your gracious gift. I hope that Fox starts treating you better.

Your friend,

Jazilyn Marie Ingridson "

The letter would look as if it had already been read as the Hawk would look to him as its eyes would hold the boys for a moment as a soft voice slipped into the boys mind.

"Kara asked me before she left this morning to bring this to you." It was clear that the bird she kept so close to her was also a demon, but the demon held no malice to this half ling as other demons might of. The bird flapped its wings a little to see what it was this boy was going to do.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:50 am

He would be startled and step back as the bird spoke, more-so because he wasn't expecting it than that he thought it was strange. He would look down to the cloak and letter and then to the hawk. He sighed deeply and looked at the bird, still obviously afraid of it.

He shook his head, sounding scared, "Why is everything so different now?" He looks at the cloak and then the bird again, "Do you know where this place is? The red cafe?" He would then begin looking around for somewhere to change quickly.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:58 am

The bird would nod to him and would speak in his mind, "It is not so different really. Most still hate your kind, But if you were to compare yourself with Kara, people would find themselves more scared of her than yourself. She has simply been..... forcefully humbled. " The bird would then take flight and say to him, "Are you coming?"
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:01 am

He puts his arms out at his sides and makes a stupid face, "I can't fly tho..." He then shakes his head, "Oh, nevermind... Yeah." He nods to the bird, shoving the cloak in his bag quickly as he runs up on top of a building, he did enjoy running rooftops better than the ground most of the time.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:06 am

The bird them stopped as they reached what looked like an oriental tea house. The smell of bread and sweet tea filled the air. "Here you go... I am sure we will meet again."

The bird then flew off leaving Him to stand near the tea house.

Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:09 am

He would awkwardly wave to the bird and then look around. He wouldn't have a hood on now, as he needed to follow the bird above him, and he would keep it off as he entered the store. His stomach would growl a bit with the smell in the air, he was clearly hungry still after that small snack before, though it was nice.

Being rather clumsy, he hadn't really planned what to do as he entered, though he would, admittedly, look a bit silly in his berry colored coat and bandaged eye.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:21 am

There would be a few patrons seated throughout the elegant tea house as the smell of sweet tea and bread was even stronger now. The woman at the door would look to the boy for a moment before saying very politely , "One moment please Sir." She would then turn heel and tap the shoulder of a rather Elegant looking woman.

The slender woman had long silver hair that was braided and then pinned up into an elegant design. Her vibrant violet eyes would seem a little larger as she peered at him over her crescent moon shaped seeing glass as she looked down to him for a moment before walking towards him silently. She took a moment to a look over before speaking in a voice that seemed just as exotic as she was, "No doubt about it... You must the the one. Come come... the kitchen is this way." Her voice was calm as she turned around, straightening out her elegant kimono.

Two of the waiting staff would look to him in interest but they all seemed to be related to the woman , due to their silvery appearance and distinct features that made them look strangely exotic as well.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:25 am

He would follow along, only observing rather passively. He wouldn't ask who she thought he was or where he as being taken, he would just follow along and smile a bit, for once feeling welcome for a moment.

His guard would have begun to drop, and the moment he realized this he would begin looking behind himself more carefully, and paying more attention to where he was going. His experience had taught him to be wary of anyone, especially those that were nice to him. He knew that this could have been another ruse to catch him or beat him. He knew the patrol were probably still looking for him, though like the rest of his life thus far, he'd assume he wasn't a priority.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:35 am

As they stood in the kitchen she would grab a small tray and then lead him off to a side room as she closed the door behind them. There would be a small bed, a table with three chairs, and a very modest night stand.

She would set the tray of food down on the table as she pulled out a chair to sit. She taking the Chair closet to the door she he wouldn't bolt. There would be no windows and no easy form of escape for him. She poured herself and him a cup of tea and motioned to a plate filled with sweet pastries.

"Nakara really didn't tell me much about you... but she is a good girl with a good judge of character, so I am honoring her request to have you stay here for the time being.... I am Jazilyn Marie Ingridson. I am the owner of the Red Cafe. Now before you say anything, I would like to say. I do not care about your past, Nor do I care that you are a mixed breed. That being said, you are more than welcome to stay here, but I will not hold you here against your will, but if you want to eat, you will either have to pay or do some small chores around the house to earn your meal. There will be no loud noises, no fighting, no harassing the patrons, and you will.... have to wear clothes that are more suited for my place of residency. That is if you want. "

She would sit down and watch him, waiting to see if he would bolt or not. She was a rather old elvish woman, though her apparence seemed to be in her late thirties. She rested her chin on her hand as she waited to see if he would ask her any questions or make any sort of move of protest.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:46 am

He would look to her for a moment with his one uncovered eye and just stare for a moment. It would be clear his mind would be working on it, but his words wouldn't come easy.

"I... I... Wh~"
He stands and turns away slowly walking toward the wall, finding it hard to talk to anyone but his shadow, "Why are you doing this? What are you planning? I don't understand... I-I am trouble, you should know. I don't belong in a house. I don't deserve to be fed and I've never worked an honest day in my life...." He shoves his hands on his head and pulls up the bandages enough that they fall to the ground and he beings to pace back and forth, his voice becoming even more uneasy, "They are after me, always... I would only bring you misfortune. You can't mean I could stay, can you? You'd give me a place to stay? Like a bed and a bath maybe? I don't understand..."

He shakes his head and places his forehead against the wall, "I just can't.... I don't belong, right?" He begins breathing heavily, "It would be wrong... I don't deserve..." He seems to be wearing himself out as he slowly sits, facing the wall, his breathing still fast, though he hadn't ever looked at her with both eyes since he entered the room. His body would quiver slightly, "When will I wake up?"
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next