The Misadventures of Skychild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1: So the tale begins.

2 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Chapter 1: So the tale begins. - Page 7 Empty Re: Chapter 1: So the tale begins.

Post  Mornie Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:55 am

He rubs his eyes, as though he was still expecting to wake up from this all. As he finishes, he nods, "Ok... I'll do whatever it takes." He looks to Nakara, "Please rest well and be better soon." He smiles to her for a second before he looks a little disturbed, he didn't like seeing her in so much pain.

He turns back to Jazilyn, "What do you need me to do now, then?" He lowers his head to her respectfully, "I trust your judgement and wisdom." He didn't really have a choice, at this point, but she was kind to him and he felt he could give her a little trust.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

https://tmos.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: So the tale begins. - Page 7 Empty Re: Chapter 1: So the tale begins.

Post  Nakara Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:59 am

Nakara whined a little as she rolled over to her right site. "I am fine...."

Jazilyn ignored her though , thinking that her pain was a good way to teach her not to do something so stupid any more. "Follow me." She said motioning for Mornie to follow her.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:05 am

Mornie nodded sternly and followed her, observing everything as he did so. He waved to Nakara as they left the room, "Be safe, stay in bed... Rest well." He remained close to Jazilyn, carefully listening for any commands.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:26 am

Jazilyn walked him into her personal bath chamber, which was elegant to say the least. I was clear now that she had a lot of money. Any thief could recognize the quality in her belongings.

"Have you ever dyed your own hair before?" She asked him as she pulled up a chair infront of a full body mirror in the bathroom.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:26 pm

He would look around the room for a moment and admire her things. He didn't know their exact value, but he knew that they were expensive. He first thought of how unfair it was for her to have such things, but then he shook it off and realized she was a great person, and that she had probably earned it all fairly. He was the one who didn't deserve nice things.

He walks up to the chair and has a seat, shaking his head, "No.. not like... anything big. When I was in trouble, sometimes I would mix juice or berries into my hair to recolor it for awhile, but it gets all sticky..." He scratches his head awkwardly.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:45 pm

She would sigh and step behind him. She would run some water in his hair and start to work in some strange smelling chemical she would hum a little bit, though her voice was clearly not as musically gifted as Nakara. she would then swing him around a little and start washing it out of his hair and then started to make his hair look neat and trim. She would then say with a smile.

"Wait right here for a moment. " She left him for a moment as she rummaged though some boxes talking to herself as she did so and then walked back into the room and slipped a strange black gem around his neck.

"Consider this my thanks for not only getting rid of Kjirston and bringing Nakara back to us in one piece." If he has any knowledge for magical knowledge he would immediately know that he had a Glamor around his neck. It was a very rare magical device that was capable of changing a person appearance by will, only those born with true sight would be able to see though the glamor, and considering not even most demons had true sight since they crossed though the great barrier.

Before he could even protest she would say to him kindly. "Now this isn't just to protect you... This will make it easier for you to protect those you care for. If you really wish for it, you can even change the appearance of someone you are in physical contact with, but the moment you break the contact the person, or even animal then their apparence would change back till you became in contact with them."
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 pm

He would quickly look at himself in the mirror and look at his hair, trying to see what she did. He would hum a bit as he looked to his new crimson hair color. He wasn't used to this darker color, but he accepted that it was for survival. He would nod to her as she finished, "Thank you."

As she put the glamor on him he would begin to smile happily. He wasn't used to nice things, especially not rare gems like this, never magical. He would look to her, looking all too happy, "A-are you sure? This is very special, what if you need it?" He would grab it with his hand and close his eyes for a moment, his shape would rapidly change and he would take no solid form for awhile until he looked like Brandt. He would look in the mirror and sigh, "You'll have to teach me how to use it, though... I don't think it is working..." He frowns a bit, the frown just not fitting Brandt's face at all.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 pm

She looked to him a little confused, "What are you talking about? It is working like a charm..." She messed up his hair for a moment before there was a loud noise out in the dining hall, a muffled voice would growl something and doors could be heard opening and closing before the ruckus died down, in under a minute. Followed by some loud knocking on Jazilyns door.

"Jazz! Jazz!" came Aya's voice, but Jazilyn already knew what happened. She knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

She walked to the door and opened it, her age finally showing across her face."It's fine Aya, just let him take her for now... If we try and resist him something even worse will happen to all of us." She left it at that even though the elf protested rather loudly Jazilyn turned her back and walked towards Mornie. "You as well. Don't go chasing after Nakara. Rajah most likely took her back to the forge. She is his property after all. " She said it in a matter of fact manner. "You have more important things to do anyways." She added as she cleaned up his cut hair.

Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:59 am

He clenched his fists hard, his emotions causing the glamor image to waver and disappear so he looked like himself again. He held fairly still, but it was obvious he would rather be following her right now, "Will she be hurt?"

He exhales deeply as he tries to calm down, breathing slower now, "Wh-what do I need to do?" His facial expression would change quickly, going from anger and violence to worry and sadness. His eyes drop to the floor and then look back up to Jazilyn, showing only his humility and willingness to do what he had to.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:10 am

She looked to him and said in a way that ment there was no room for argument. "If you want to really survive in this world. You need to learn basic skills. You told me yesterday you were a quick learner, and I am holding you to that. So I have arranged for you to see a tutor every evening. He will teach you how to read, write, decipher maps , science, alchemy, and history. You will spend three and a half tolls with him." She looked to him and added. "Please don't think about going after her, she had lived with that fox since she was a little girl. She is a strong girl, and she some how makes it though alright." She would smile as the wait staff went to calm down the patrons who were upset from the foxes rage.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:31 am

He nods and continues to keep his fists clenched. He felt so conflicted, not sure if he should be happy he is going to be educated or if he should be upset because Nakara was out of his reach right now. He didn't know much, but he wanted to be able to protect her.

He lowers his head to Jazilyn, "Thank you. I will do what I can to repay you for this." As he spoke these words, he was already working out plans to try and visit Nakara. He slowly began to realize he might be stuck here for awhile, and these new skills could help him survive. He looked around the room for a moment and then looked to Jazilyn, "I am ready to begin whenever you say the word."
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:02 am

She smiled to him and said kindly. "You should probably change clothes and then wait in the room to left of the kitchen." She paused for a moment and then turned back to look at him." I am going out on a business trip starting tomorrow so if you need anything ask Aya and she will do her best to help you. " She then nodded and walked out of the room she turned to the kitchen as she gave her orders to her workers.

Nakara was brought back to the workshop as Rajah looked to her in fear. "Stupid girl... So stupid... You pick a fight with the lord and then you let yourself become kidnapped by another demon... I was so worried, so very worried." He would ring his hands a little as he watched her nervously in his office.

She didn't speak. Her whole body was hurting all over as she watched him, she sat down and just watched him as she rested her cheek against her hand.

"You could have been killed, or even worse, that demon could have made you his! What then! To think a demon would step in and kill our great lord!"

Nakara would sigh and say with a bit of sarcasm, "I know, who would ever to of guessed that the great Panther king could have ever made an enemy. He was such a wonderful man..."

Rajah would nod agreeing with her, "He was truly one of the greatest. Now.... we must not waste time. There is so much work to be done, and not enough sun light in the day. Hurry hurry."

She looked to him, this time with a very dangerous glare. "I am going to sleep and if you try and make me so much as hammer a horses shoe, I sware I will start cursing every item I craft until the day I die...." She looked to him as his hand went towards his whip. She said one word and the foxes whiskers started to burn. "I really hope you were the runt of your family... you really do shame the great legends of the cunning and resourceful foxes Rajah..." With that she walked down the stairs and watched as some of the other workers worked on in silience, most looking to her with fear.

"Oh thats right Logahn, be scared... I might burn your bedding in your sleep." She would hum a few almost silent not as his fire leapt up at him, he turning his eyes away from her in fear. Her mood was as dark as it typically got and she growled when she layed back on the hard floor, already missing the soft blankets and soft sheets that Jazilyn had offered her.

'Shall I tell them you are alright?' Offered Gregory telepathically.

She shook her head, 'Jazilyn has eyes everywhere. She knows I'm fine.'

'What about the boy?'

Nakara thought for a moment. 'Just stay with me for now... I wouldn't want to lose my mind once again.'

The hawk lowered its head and replied, 'As you wish.'

Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:18 am

He nodded to Jazilyn as she spoke and made his way back to his room. He wasn't used to calling things his, especially not a place, but he tried not to think about it too much. He stripped down so he was wearing less and began to stretch, this was a common practice for him, so he would always be ready. Having finished stretching he looked around the room for more food, not realizing he had just eaten. After he realized what he was looking for he didn't need, he shrugged and put on some clean clothes, this feeling rather odd for him, as he usually only had one set of clothing, and they were seldom clean.

Having finished changing, he makes his way into the kitchen. He looks around and dodges Aya and Brandt and the others as he tries to figure out which room was to the left, finally finding the one she must have meant through a process of elimination. He quietly walks in and looks around quickly, not sure what to expect.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:51 am

Sitting in the room was a rather old looking man who was clearly a demon, but he did not have a cruel aura to him, his eyes were golden and it was clear that he had never taken an innocents blood, simply by the holy feel one would get by sitting next to him. He would sit there with a pile of books, parchment with a green board behind him.

"Ah, yes childe... please sit... sit." He would straighten his suite as he looked the boy over. "Ah yes... Mi'lady has an eye for interesting people." He would watch as the boy awkardly took a seat next to him and he smiled. "Now now My boy, No need to be so shy."

Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:58 am

The man's words would only make Mornie feel even more awkward as he sat there and nodded, "Uh... ok..." He looked to the man for a moment and then looked to the books and parchment and swallowed. He turned to the man with determination in his eyes, clearly he was on a mission, he didn't know what studying was like, but he was ready to go at it with force, figuring like many things, it just took endurance and the right amount of strength. "I'm ready to begin."
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:02 am

The man nodded and then went to the board and wrote out the common tongues alphabet. "This is where we are going to start... "

Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:04 am

He stared at the board intensely, hoping that he would somehow learn from it immediately. He then nodded, "I see... These symbols mean something." He squints, "Wait, those two look very similar... Is this how people read?" He looks to the older man and tilts his head, looking eager.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:07 am

The Man looked to him and nodded, "yes, if you arrange the letters in the right order they spell out words and that is how we can read books and signs and instructions." He would Then go though each letter slowly, making the sound for each letter as he did so.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:22 am

He was concentrating hard as he tried to learn them, he mouthed each sound as he went over them. He had always wanted to know how to read, and recognized a few words, but was unable to learn alone. He kept running through them all in his mind until he started to get it. He would make a mistake with one once in awhile, but seemed to get most of them that looked unique rather quickly. He had already been working some out for some time now. He would seem eager to continue, though it was obvious his mind was straining.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:26 am

After three hours of drilling letters and having him try to write out the letters the teacher would then smile and tell him that he would see him at the same time tomorrow and that there would be some books for him to look at the practice each letter and that he should write on the green board, if he had any spare time later.

With that he gathered most of his belongings and left without another word.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:57 am

He would stand and take the book. He smiles and bows to the man, "Thank you so very much, sir." He would remain bowed until the man left and then turn to the green board and would practice his letters for another couple hours until he couldn't stand to look at it anymore, getting all of them down mostly, but only really getting a quarter of them well. He would worry about words later, for now it was getting late and he had a mission.

He made his way back to his room quietly, taking the book with him so he can try and study the rest later. He changes back into his rags and makes sure he has his dagger concealed. He then concentrated on the glamor around his neck and tried to change his appearance to look more like a normal person, his hair appearing blond and his eyes a regular blue color. He knew how people normally looked, as he spent a lot of time thinking about it. While he was at it he also tried to change his clothing and face to look different, a little more normal.

After he finished, he would look like any other villager, hopefully. He then makes his way back outside, and if he wasn't stopped he would sneak all the way through town, feeling safe on the streets, until he reached Rajah's shop, hoping to catch Nakara. He would then walk around to the side and peer in the window, in an attempt to try and see what was going on while making sure Nakara was ok.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:05 am

Nakara would be dead asleep on the ground as she hugged what looked to be an over sized brown bag. The other workers had gone to their beds and turned in for the evening . She wouldn't be moving much, but it was clear, as he had spent the night with her, that she wasn't dead or anything of the sort.

Her bird sat near her looking at Mornie as if he was just another person but thinking nothing else of it as he tucked his head back under his oversize wings.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:19 am

Mornie was happy to see her alright and without any more major wounds. He was also glad to see that she was resting. He yawned and rubbed his eyes, having had a rather long day. He quietly made his way back to the tea shop. He snuck back into his room quietly, no longer disguising himself with the glamor.

As he made it back in he would rub his eyes and pulls out his bed rolls. He unrolls them by his bed where he would be between the bed and the wall, enjoying the small space. He still wasn't used to beds, but the floor was softer than he was used to, so he enjoyed that. He laid there and read the book for awhile, or tried to. He reviewed the letters one more time but fell asleep in the book, the concentration and terribly stressful life he now leads finally forced him to rest.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7