The Misadventures of Skychild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 2: A change of season

2 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Chapter 2: A change of season - Page 8 Empty Re: Chapter 2: A change of season

Post  Mornie Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:49 pm

He wanders in and tilts his head as he looks at the demon boy with gray hair. Mornie's differently colored eyes sparkling with curiosity, but instead of speaking he hopes that somehow by staring at the boy he will suddenly know everything he wants to know. He tries to determine what kind of boy he is, if he is really a demon or an elf or maybe something weirder.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

https://tmos.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:57 pm

She looked to Mornie and said with a grin, "See ya later."

Nakara wasn't the type to try and push herself on new people, so she walked past Aya and grabbed the first Unused Knife rack and took it with her as she pushed the cabinet out of the way and walked to her room and set the knives down on the table as she grabbed her bag searching for her sharpening stones.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:11 am

Mornie was extremely curious about the boy, but didn't know what to say to him. He scratched his head for a moment and then waved, figuring he'd just leave him be for now. He headed to go have his lessons, making his way to the classroom and taking a seat. He hummed quietly as he sat and waited for the teacher to show up.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:26 am

Nakara finished the first set of knives just in time for Mornie to finish his lessons. The kitchen was becoming hectic due to the evening rush, Nakara had to slip around the workers as they rushed to finish various orders.

"ugh." Cried the mousy boy as he knocked into Nakara.

Nakara caught him before he fell to the floor and looked to him. The boy looked like he was going to scream when he saw her eyes, she catching onto his look said to him with a smile, "Yea, I cry every time I have to see my ugly mug as well. Sorry." She smiled to him and set him upright.

He had only herd rumors of the chanting demon slayer. He wondered if that was who he was dealing with but didn't say anything, he merely nodded and rushed to Mornie as he was leaving his lessons. "Big brother, hide me." The boy trying to hide behind Mornie as Nakara took a few steps forward sighing and shaking her head.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:08 am

Mornie quickly raises his arms as the small demon boy runs behind him. This would make Mornie rather alert as he looks over to Nakara. He blinks rather excessively and leans to see the boy, "Wh-who? Me? Brother?" He was rather confused as he turned around, his hands still up in the air as he tries to look at the boy.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 am

The boy whispered only loud enough for Mornie to hear him, "That girl... She's a demon killer... She's so scary." He said hiding behind him.

Nakara arched a brow wondering what was going on exactly.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:25 am

He quickly glanced over to Nakara and then back to the boy and nods, "I haven't seen her kill a demon. She is really nice if you stay on her good side." He tilts his head slightly, "How do you know I'm not a demon killer?" He points to himself and his differently colored eyes open wide, making his face look a little weirder, but not necessarily scarier.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:30 am

The boy looked to him and said softly, "I.. I...I don't know but... she... you can feel it." He hid behind him still as Nakara watched in interest.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:34 am

He closes his eyes for a moment and searches for his bond with Nakara for a moment as he exhales deeply. He opens his eyes slowly and looks to the boy, "Yeah... She really doesn't like demons. I'm sure she'd..." He stops and for once he realizes that it might not be the best time to admit that Nakara would gladly have demon-slaying as her hobby. He shakes his head and crouches down a bit to be on level with the boy, "She has her reasons to disagree with demons..." He shakes his head slightly and looks at the boy seriously, "So who are you, then?"
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:18 am

The boy would look to him and say softly, "I have been called Rodent... pest... pipsqueek...." He said to him shyly.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:20 am

He opens one eye wider than the other as he looks at the boy, looking a bit perturbed, "You don't have a proper name?" He reaches a hand over the boy, as though he is measuring his height as he looks the boy over to try and figure out what kind of demon he is.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:23 am

The boy would be a mouse demon and a very young one at that. He would have small scrapes and bruises from one part of his body to another. "N...n..no... Not that I know... I.. I don't... please don't hu..hurt me. " He wimpered, this time Nakara heard and she shook her head.

"We're all family here, no one hurts each other here. Except Aya and Darious, but they are married so it's allowed."

Aya shot Nakara a rather dirty look as her husband started laughing so hard that he had to clutch his sides. No one in the kitchen knew exactly why it struck him that funny, but he was the group odd ball, so most just shrugged it off.

Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:53 am

Mornie hums and rubs his chin, "Alright, then. You'll need a name, I guess..." He shakes his head and stands upright, "I'm Mornie, by the way. Nakara won't hurt you, like she says. Nobody wants to hurt you." He tilts his head slowly, "Welcome, I guess."
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:01 am

She boy nodded a bit and still hid behind him, "She is still scary big brother... I mean... did you see what she did to that lizard man this morning?" The boy started to shiver. He was apparently one of the kitchens onlookers.

Nakara had heard that and said in a rather exasperated manner, "I only did that so Your darling big brother, wouldn't find himself in even worse danger." She smiled and then grabbed another knife rack and descended down the stairs without another word.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:42 am

He sighs and playfully messes up the boy's hair, "Don't worry about it so much... She did that cause I forced her hand." He tilts his head a bit and stands upright, "You need some food? I guess if you're gonna be my little brother I should feed you, right?" Mornie would almost choke up a bit as he said "little brother" as he always wished he'd had a family, even if it was just a brother or cousin even as he grew up. He looked down at his shadow and realized he didn't talk to it anymore and began to realize how nicely things were going for him. He quickly smiled again and looked to the boy to wait for his answer.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:46 am

The boy looked around and said to him as if he was scared. "If..if...I .. I won't... I can have food? That..thats ok?"

A raven hair girl who also had a room at the tea house laughed a little, "Nope, we thought we'd bring you in and never feed you. Didn't you know, none of us eat here. We only work and survive off our-"

"Oh stop it... that Kid looks at wretched as Mornie did when he started, stop teasing." replied the girls room mate as she handed Darious two plates filled with food, so he could bring them to their waiting patrons.

The Boy looked around and made a nervous squeaking noise as she watched everyone nervously.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:24 am

Mornie nods to the boy and leans down to talk to him a bit quieter, speaking softly, "That's how I felt when I got here too... They're really nice to us here, though. Very... " He whispers quieter, "Very strange people, but good, kind-hearted." He smiles and stands up as he turns.

He chuckles and makes his way around the kitchen swiftly, tossing a small pastry from the morning over to the boy to enjoy while he cooks and begins moving around to cook up some poultry for a salad. He hums as he gets into the motion of working in the kitchen, despite his below-average cooking ability, he had a lot of experience working in the spaces with the other members.

He finished it up after about 20 minutes, it was some simple greens with some cut white meat on top. The meal would be bland, but he didn't know what more a mouse would like, if not greens and white meat. He lead the boy downstairs to his and Nakara's room, hoping to stay near Nakara. He didn't understand why he was compelled to be near her, but he simply didn't feel right when she wasn't around these days.

He sat the food on the table and nodded to the boy, "Please, eat. You look famished." He wanted to sit the boy down, but he didn't want to force him to do anything he was uncomfortable with, so he let the boy do as he pleased. He then looked around to see what Nakara was working on, if she was in the room.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:35 am

The boy looked down and heard a familiar 'shink, shink, shink.' And watched as Mornie vanished down the stairs with food. The boy looked over his shoulder and shifted form to that of a little mouse as he dashed down the stairs, leaping from the floor to the chair to the table next to the food. His eyes darting to Nakara and then back to Mornie.

Nakara felt the boy come down the stairs before she actually saw him. The feeling of a demon shape shifting stirred a feeling of true fear deep down within her, but she had to stay calm. After all, it wasn't as if this boy came from a lineage of great demons. He was only a mouse after all. She set her knives down and walked to Mornie then trying to quell her fears as she hugged him, though he could feel her heart racing as her chest pressed against his back.

"It has been a while since I have seen anyone perform that trick, and none so quietly as this one. That is a true talent... I bet you could make greater demons jealous, ya know?" She smiled to the mouse though it was clear now she was fearing weary of their visitor.

His form then changed immediately as he fell into the chair, his dirty cheeks burning at her compliment, but it was clear they were both now extremely weary of each other, but they would at least try and meet in the halfway ground.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Mornie smiled and nodded to the boy, "That must be a rather useful ability. I haven't seen many who can do it." He tilted his head a bit and turned his head to see Nakara. He took Nakara's hands and pulled them away from his chest gently and turned around so he could wrap Nakara in his arms tightly. He had begun to become used to her being there, her familiar warmth, shape and scent.

As he holds Nakara gently, he whispers to her, "Do you need me to take him elsewhere?" He had more to say, but as he whispered he liked to keep his words few. His face holds a half-smile as he tries to understand Nakara's feelings, thoughts, and emotions which were spilling into him as well.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:23 am

Her cheeks suddenly burned when he turned to hold her as he did. Nakara was used to being the one to hug Mornie, or even hold him when she was upset, but he very rarely returned much of the contact. She shook her head no and broke the embrace by ducking under his arms. Now there was an anxious excitement rushing though her.

"Are you two married?" The boy would ask them as he looked on. To him he had seen something a bit more intament than he was used to, but there was food, and the psychotic demon killer was no longer staring at him while she sharpened her blades.

Nakara would choke on the first bite of food she tried to take as he said that. "Wha wha wha what?!?"
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:09 am

Mornie turned the to boy, beat red as he raised his hands and began waving them, "N-n-no n-nothing like that!" He shakes his head violently, "You see... We're just friends and... and... I'm her m-master and..." He stops suddenly and looks to Nakara, "N-not like that... We are friends!" He was extremely nervous and unable to communicate. He was beat red as he looked at Nakara. He hadn't considered getting married before, but somehow the thought was embarrassing to him at this point.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 am

The boy looked to Mornie and then to Nakara. "You're HER master?" The boy rushed out of his chair and suddenly looked at Mornie as if he was suddenly a god.

Nakara ate her meal in silence as the boy suddenly revered Mornie more than he had before hand.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:21 am

He began to calm down and breathed deeply as he looked to Nakara and then down at the boy as he tried to reply. He shook his head slightly, "No, Nakara doesn't have a master. She is free to do as she pleases, she can come and go as she likes. She can make her own fortune or trouble, if she likes... But if she makes her trouble, she has friends to help her out." He nods a bit and rubs the boy's head, "I look after her because she looks after me." He tilts his head a bit and smiles, "Do you understand?"
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakara Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:24 am

She boy nodded and grinned to him, his chipped front tooth clearly showing now as he blushed. Though there was still a great level of adoration in his expression.

"Alright!" Chipped the boy as he jumped back to his chair and ate with excitement and a renewed vigor.
Nakara
Nakara

Back to top Go down

Post  Mornie Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:28 am

Mornie slowly took a seat next to Nakara and didn't speak. He tried to smile a bit, but he felt really terrible inside. He really didn't mean to embarrass Nakara that way and he had a terrible feeling deep inside that she was going to hate him for it. He glanced at Nakara quickly to see her expression, his anxieties would be palpable for her with their bond.
Mornie
Mornie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next